Thursday, January 1, 2009

Introduction

Several years ago, I read Desiring God, by John Piper. The book was amazing and has had a tremendous impact on my life. One of the areas in which Piper has influenced me is in what he called the "wartime lifestyle." Christians, Piper explained, should live with a focus on using their resources to win the spiritual war; we should live to fund missions; we should live to fight poverty; we should live to maximize the glory of God and our enjoyment of him forever.

But, how do we do that? How do we live so counterculturally--even counter to the typical American church culture? My hope for this blog is that Christians who desire to live wartime lifestyles can share their ideas, theologies, encouragements and struggles. I know it's not always (ever?) easy for me to live a wartime lifestyle. But, I think it might be easier if I had a fellowship of believers who were in it with me.

Piper noted that there is no law to tell us how to use our money. There is only the principle of stewardship. That is why living a wartime lifestyle is so difficult. I hope we can help each other.

If you haven't read Piper's book, you can read "Chapter 7: Money" at this link. Or, you can read the whole book online for free at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We intend this blog to be a discussion about wartime living, so we always welcome your thoughts.